Mural ARt in San Francisco

So one of the organizations close to my heart is Architecture For Humanity (AFH), a non-profit that seeks architectural solutions to humanitarian crises and brings professional design services to communities in need. While I am not an architect or designer, I do volunteer my time to the COLLAB (AFH office) and local SF Chapter projects to help where I can.

With that being said, I am excited to announce an augmented reality mural that I am working on with the local SF Chapter. The SOMA Mural Project looks to be an interactive piece that combines the beauty of city art with San Francisco's tech nature. Viewers of the mural will be able to use an augmented reality app to access additional storytelling information.

I haven't selected the initial augmented reality platform yet, and in efforts to help my friends in the industry, the mural will be the marker for a variety of AR browser platforms that will share the chapter's message over time.

Will this be the first AR mural in San Francisco? No, I have created AR experiences from murals around the city for personal testing, and sure others have as well, but it will be the first AR mural in SOMA around the intersection of 5th and Howard.

The mural will be completed this year so expect another write up with video from the launch event.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A quick response to QR and Data Matrix code.

Full of AWE at Augmented World Expo 2017

Artificial Intelligence & Robots